Nailympics Sculpture, L&P, Wrap & Gel Tip & Overlay Rules
*Update – be sure to check out the 2009 winners!
Official rules for the 2009 Nailympics Sculpture, L&P, Wrap & Gel Tip Overlay competitions.
- Competitors must polish one hand of the model with a red cream polish only – no base coat, ridgefiller or top coat may be used.
- The polish may be of the competitors’ choice.
- These are traditional competitions, with pink & white nails to be created.
- These are not salon nail competitions.
- No lanolin, cream, lotion, polish dry products or chamois buffers may be used.
- Oil is allowed.
- Water and non-lanolin based soap may be used in finishing.
- Competitors may not blend, shape or cut out tips prior to the start of the competition.
- Glue is allowed for tip application only in tip & overlay competitions.
- No glue is allowed in the sculpture competition.
- Drills are allowed. Competitor must supply own drill and have ample electrical cords and adaptors.
- Gel competitors must bring a UV gel lamp.
- French tips are only allowed for wrap category.
- Opaque and clear tips only allowed for gel and L&P categories.
Competition Timing Has Changed
Wrap, L&P, Gel tip & Overlay: 2 hours
Sculpture: 2 hours 30 minutes
Note For All Nail Art Categories
No copyrighted designs allowed (ie, NFL, Disney, Warner Bros, celebrity likeness).
Any competitor producing a copyrighted design will have 10 points deducted from their final score. This includes logos from any company or reproduced copyrighted artwork, unless you have proof of a legal right to reproduce the artwork or logo.
Jump To More 2009 Nailympic Info
- Nailympics 2009 (General Information)
- Nailympics Competition Rules
- Rules – Mixed Media Boxed Nail Art
- Rules – Fantasy Nail Art
- Judges 2009
- Winners 2008