2009 Nailympics Mixed Media Boxed Nail Art Rules
*Update – be sure to check out the 2009 Nailympics winners!
Official rules for the 2009 Nailympics Mixed Media Boxed Nail Art competition.
- This competition is a ‘show & tell’ format.
- Nails are to be designed on nail tips and placed in a covered display case to be placed in the competition arena.
- Covered displays may be bought or made.
- Covered displays cannot be larger than 10 inches in either direction and no more than 4 inches in height. Having a display any larger may result in it not being displayed and if it’s too large, it may not be accepted. This is left to the discretion of the Nailympics’ staff.
- All entries are to be 100% complete before bringing to the competition.
- A full set of 10 tips are to be created and must reflect different nail sizes, as real nails do. Anyone using all one-size tips will have an automatic 10-point deduction to their final score.
- Maximum of 2 entries per competitor, each entry will incur a registration fee.
- No entries left after the close of the competition will be returned to the competitor.
- All entries must be left at the competition until the close of the competition on the second day.
- All entries must be accompanied by a typed description of the work involved, including what types of nail art media were used.
- Competitors must use 3 of these 5 nail art media: airbrushing, embellishments (rhinestones, striping tape etc), L&P acrylic, gel, hand painting. Failure to use three will result in a 10-point deduction for each media less than 3.
- No decals allowed. All three media used must be used in an artistic way or they will not count towards the required 3 nail art media set by the rules. It is the competitor’s responsibility to clarify anything questionable prior to the event and judges’ decisions are accepted as final.
- No embellishment or L&P product may extend further than 1?4” from the original nail surface in any direction, if it does, there will be a 10 point deduction.
- Any embellishment to the actual tips, whether attached to the tip or not, will count and must not extend further than 1?4” from the nail surface or 10 points will be deducted.
Note For All Nail Art Categories
No copyrighted designs allowed (ie, NFL, Disney, Warner Bros, celebrity likeness).
Any competitor producing a copyrighted design will have 10 points deducted from their final score. This includes any logos from any company or reproduced copyrighted artwork, unless you have proof of a legal right to reproduce the artwork or logo.
Jump To More 2009 Nailympic Info
- Nailympics 2009 (General Information)
- Nailympics Competition Rules
- Rules – Sculpture, L&P, Wrap & Gel Tip & Overlay
- Rules – Fantasy Nail Art
- Judges 2009
- Winners 2008
- Winners 2009