Nailympics Fantasy Nail Art Competition Rules
*Update – be sure to check out the 2009 winners!
Official rules for the 2009 Nailympics Fantasy Nail Art competition.
- No polishes or base coats are allowed on models’ nails prior to the competition.
- Only the model & competitor are allowed on the competition floor. The entire costuming and assembly must only be completed by the model and competitor, no additional people may help.
- Models must be pre-manicured and ready for polish/paint application.
- All pieces or embellishments that will go on the nails may be completely created prior to the competition.
- Three dimensional, pre-cast embellishments, feathers, decals, gems, accessories, ornaments or any form of fantasy are allowed.
- No nail pre-application allowed, all application of the design components must be done during the hour provided – only one hour is allocated for this competition.
- It’s recommended that models wear their costume prior to the start of the competition, with just final touches completed during the competition itself.
- Keep in mind the costume is a large part of this competition (1-10 points out of a possible 100), as this competition stresses creativity, difficulty and how well the theme of the entire design and costume go together.
Note For All Nail Art Categories
No copyrighted designs allowed (ie, NFL, Disney, Warner Bros, celebrity likeness).
Any competitor producing a copyrighted design will have 10 points deducted from their final score. This includes any logos from any company or reproduced copyrighted artwork, unless you have proof of a legal right to reproduce the artwork or logo.
Your imagination is the only limitation
Jump To More 2009 Nailympic Info
- Nailympics 2009 (General Information)
- Nailympics Competition Rules
- Rules – Sculpture, L&P, Wrap & Gel Tip & Overlay
- Rules – Mixed Media Boxed Nail Art
- Judges 2009
- Winners 2008